INDIAN WELLS, Calif -- Top seeds Andy Murray and Angelique kick off their 2017 BNP Paribas Open campaigns today. Murray will be aiming to win his first title in Indian Wells. U.S. Open winner Stan Wawrinka, David Goffin, Simona Halep and Venus Williams are among today's players hoping to make it deep into the tournament.
1. Andy Murray v Vasek Pospisili. Murray comes off a win in Dubai so he's in good form. He has reached only one final in 2009, so he'll be aiming to win his first title here. He leads their head-to-head 4-0.
2. Venus Williams v Jelena Jankovic. These two vets know each other's game pretty well as they have played 13 times. Williams is making her second appearance since 2015 as she had been absent from the tournament for 15 years. Jankovic is the 2010 champion, where she defeated Caroline Wozniacki in the final. Williams leads their head-to-head 7-6.
3. Angelique Kerber v Andrea Petkovic. An all-German second round match. Kerber has reached the semifinals twice in 2012 and 2013, while Petkovic has reached the third round. Kerber leads their head-to-head 3-2 at tour level.
4. Simona Halep v Donna Vekic. Halep is the 2015 BNP Paribas Open champion, where she defeated 2010 champ Jelena Jankovic. Vekik is making her fourth appearance. Halep leads their head-to-head 1-0.
5. Stan Wawrinka v Paolo Lorenzi. Wawrinka is a 2008 and 2011 quarterfinalist. He leads their head-to-head 2-0.
6. David Goffin v Karen Khachanov. Goffin reached the semifinals last year. This will be their first meeting.
Plus watch this stellar lineup of WTA matches on Tennis Channel Plus. Go now to BuyTCPlus.com